These pimples are actually called follicular pustules which mean an inflammation or irritation of the hair follicle that is acquired through traction (tight hairstyles, mega-hair and etc), allergic reactions to chemical products such as; hair relaxers, colorings and even shampoo and conditioner fragrances.
When not enough care and a quick diagnosis can lead to an infection caused by bacteria and fungi, increasing the amount of pustules and interrupting the hair growth cycle with irreparable damage to the follicle.
It is a hair problem that can affect both men and women and of all age groups.
When detecting the problem, changing some habits are essential such as;
- Don't tie your hair too tight
- Wash your hair with lukewarm or cold water
- Use a shampoo based on *ketoconazole 2% (2 to 3 times a week)
- Do not use products with excess alcohol such as gel.
If the problem persists, consult a dermatologist.
* Ketoconazole has an anti-fungal function and is found in compounding pharmacies.